Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Script Blitz: April 14

Completed unfinished scene from two nights ago. 3 pages. Finished early and watched some Doctor Who. It's fun to watch that show, and look for all the little hints and clues they leave as each season goes on, that will eventually build to some sort of epic climax at the end of the season. Must remember in my own writing to always be thinking in terms of setups and payoffs.

To be honest, it's difficult to think about setups and payoffs without a complete outline. It's so far been sort of thinking as I go along, "hmm this could be an interesting payoff to that", but it has been rather discombobulated. But, even if my first draft is severely lacking in that area, I know I'm going to have to rewrite it anyways. I can make sure everything flows better once I have some sort of version of the whole thing.

One cool thing is that I am getting close to finishing the complete first half of the script. There's an event that happens at the halfway point that I am working towards, and so that will be a landmark worth noting when I cross it. Plus, the story will become a whole new beast for the second half, so that should be exciting.

Well, until next time, ciao.

No comments: