Friday, April 3, 2009

Script Blitz: April 1

O-kay! so. I have a long month ahead of me.

About a month ago, a friend of mine told me he was going to try to write a 90 page screenplay in the month of April. Three pages a day. And I said to myself, "Clyde," (that's what I call myself) "...that sounds both fun and difficult. You should try it."

So I did. I am. I know this is technically a day late, but I actually did start off on April 1st (no joke) and began to write. I have had a concept in my mind for a while, and I have only a rough pitch and some notes to go off of, but sometimes having too clear of an idea of what your story is going to look like can be a good way to restrict the creative juices. So diving right in, I started writing.

Now I'm going to blog about my exploits. I'll try to do one post for every day I write. They may be brief, but we'll see how it goes. Please feel free to comment if you want to know more, or if you have any questions.

April 1
The first day was pretty difficult. I had a lot of loose ideas of scenes, and not enough detail about the backstories to really feel like I knew the characters yet. I realized I'm going to need more of an outline before I go much further. But, struggled through it, and wrote 3 pages. Not too proud of it. But it felt good to have accomplished the 3 page quota, and I started to get a better idea of who one of the characters is.

This scene was about one of the leads, ETHAN. He's a small town kid who is tired of a small town life and wants to go out and do something BIG, go on an adventure or something. He's going to be easy to write, because I had more than a little of that in me when I was growing up.

Anyhow. I'm pleased with myself for accomplishing the first day of writing. Huzzah.

No comments: